Apply Until: Jul 10, 2020
Principal / Project
EAST CONSULTING ENGINEERING CENTER
Male, 35 Years Old and Above, Minimum of 10 Years Experience, Filipino, At Least Prof’l License(Passed Board/Bar/Prof’l License Exam)
The Cost Manager will work in a support role to our Project Management team producing cost plans, providing cost advice, undertaking procurement activities and carry out post contract cost control. The Cost Manager will seek to minimise the cost of all projects and enhance value for money, while achieving the required standards and quality, including ensuring that all statutory building regulations are met. Lead in the preparation of estimates and costs of the works. Work closely with eth Project Management team to keep track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability.
· Ensure that project outputs support ECEC standards goals.
· Supervise and manage multiple clients throughout all phases of projects.
· Lead in the preparation of an initial feasibility budget which identifies the expenditure into elements and will be prepared in sufficient detail to alow the Project team to develop their designs within the overall cost limits.
· In collaboration with the Project Manager, establish the project priorities in respect of quality, time and cost.
· Prepare a detailed cost plan for the project against the designs developed at each stage of the project.
· Undertake cost studies as required to enable the Project team to consider all options in order to proceed with the optimum scheme.
· Consider and advise on “best value” procurement options and present to the Project Manager for consideration.
· Provide project costs for business case calculations to justify investment in the project.
· Conduct Value Management workshops with the project team.
· Lead in coordinating the preparation of cost plans, bills of quantities and specifications.
· Closely monitor design development against the cost plan throughout the project.
· Reporting to the client on cost, contract and risk related matters and seeking approvals.
· Monitoring projects in respect of key areas: Financial risk assessment, value management.
· Work closely with relevant parties such as subconsultants/contracts/consultants, and attend site meetings for project progression, as and when required.
· Effectively manages Client expectations.
· Internal feedback of Client comments.
· Manage and mentor junior cost management & other support staff assigned to them, including personal development.
· Assist in business development activities including leading preparation of proposals where required / attending interviews and presentations / networking events etc.
· Attendance at meetings as required.
· Support the Project Manager in interfacing with the client for contractual justification and clarification. e.g. change.
· Provides commercial, contracts and management support for PM reporting.
· Ensure efficient delivery of project milestones.
· Assist in the co-ordination and preparation of tender documentation and reviewing submissions.
· Listen and communicate effectively and professionally.
· Provide advice on contractual claims
Specifically, the Cost Manager is responsible for:
1. Overall responsible person for the commercial outputs of all projects.
2. Responsible for leading the cost management team in relation to the execution of cost management and in line with international best practice and professional engagement terms.
3. Support proactive business development through the identification of new prospects for the firm. Support specific plans of action for each new prospect.
4. Build and leverage existing client relationships for the acquisition of new work.
5. Collaborate with leaders and staff across all studios within the firm to cross-sell services and help deliver high quality projects on time and within budget.
6. Actively network and represent the firm’s expertise at industry events and conferences.
7. Liaison with all personnel for delivery of design, costs, schedules and overall project support.
8. Establishes regular meeting to review package status, formulate action items and follow up on close out.
9. Work proactively, constructively and fairly with all parties to ensure the successful execution of the project
10. Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
· Degree qualifications in Quantity Surveying or Cost Engineering attested by KSA authorities.
· RICS professional qualification is desired.
Specific Skills Required
· Exhibit drive, attitude, and enthusiasm.
· Strong numeracy and financial management skills
· Good working knowledge of Internationally-accepted Cost, Contracts and Risk Management systems.
· The ability to learn sophisticated design and costing IT packages.
· The ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people.
· Prioritize and plan work activities for self-management and use time efficiently.
· High level of computer literacy.
· Software Skills: MS Office; MS Project; cost planning software.
· Strong communication & negotiation skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
· Good understanding of Local and International Construction Law.
· Good knowledge of design processes and systems
· Good knowledge of current construction technology.
· High level of critical thinking, problem solving, numeracy and English literacy skills.
· Good negotiation skills.
· Clear verbal communication skills.
· Uses diplomacy and tact in discussions with other parties. Contributes to team building and enhancing morale across the team / project.
· Ability to manage, organize, plan and implement work assignments, juggle competing demands and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines
· Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to handle a range of management and coordination issues.
· Ability to work within multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams
· Be self-motivated in attaining position objectives and in seeking new responsibilities and challenges.
· Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
· Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
Person Specification (Behavioral Attributes)
· Leads by example – Creates an inclusive work environment based on trust and respect. Demonstrates strong people management/coaching skills. Continues to look for opportunities to grow and help others grow.
· Demands excellence – Able to work through ambiguity to drive team performance. Sets standards and delivers high-quality work.
· Safety and integrity always – Ensures team operates with high standards of integrity. Makes safety a priority.
· Collaborative – Works with employees to ensure success with internal and external client delivery.
· Innovative – Executes new and creative solutions which advance internal and external client’s objectives.
· Strategic – Identifies opportunities for long-term relationship with clients by anticipating cross-functional solutions and other opportunities.
· Clear and frequent communications – Communicates often in an inspiring way, ensuring other’s viewpoints are solicited and considered. Listens and learns from others.
· Execution and results – Drives a team that achieves results through strong focus on execution and measurement.
· Prioritize, focus and accountability – Aligns resources to critical business needs and delegates where appropriate, escalates issues as necessary to senior leadership to impact results. Ensures decisions are implemented, evaluated and takes accountability for results.
· Fact-based decisions – Seeks out factual information and assesses risk to make the best possible decision.
· Minimum 12 years of related work experience in construction projects with previous Middle East experience on similar or related project types is required.
· An understanding of costs and FIDIC suite of Contracts.
· Possess a proven track record of cost planning and managing costs on complex projects demonstrating delivery within budget.
· Experience in Mixed use Residential, Retail, Commercial & Leisure projects would also be beneficial. Previous Experience in Healthcare & Defense projects is preferred but not essential.
· Willingness to travel (20-30%)
FINEST ASIA RESOURCES, INC.
POEA License No: POEA-033-LB-022020-RAddress
7th Floor Vernida IV Bldg., 128 L.P. Leviste St., Salcedo Village, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines